Multiple factors converge in this dangerous habit and that can have negative consequences. More and more people are turning to self medication in order to treat pain or counteract a nuisance.
Among the most used are the remedies for heartburn and muscle relaxants.
What is called self medication?
By definition, it refers to the use of medicines on their own initiative, without any type of intervention by the doctor in the diagnosis, prescription or treatment supervision.
Self-medication could be held responsible when a certain drug is administered by the means itself with the sole purpose of treating minor symptoms such as pain or fever but only for a very limited time.
The risks of self medication
- Self-medication is a risk
- Multiple factors converge in this dangerous habit and that can have negative consequences
- Numerous medications can interact with each other
- If lower doses are given than appropriate, they may not produce the desired effect
- Some medications can cause overdose poisoning
- Some drugs can cause addiction
- Drugs may have side effects
- Medicines not only act according to their components but also according to the particular characteristics of the people who ingest them
Without having medical knowledge, many people take responsibility for their own health and that of their friends or family in their hands. Without any objection, they suggest remedies against all kinds of ailments without taking into account the consequences they can cause.
From: GermanyHospitalLeave a reply