he Driver is responsible for accurately and effectively delivering prescriptions and OTC products to customers in a timely fashion. Drivers must also perform administrative tasks and represent the company in a professional manner.
- Plans and organizes delivery routes by designated zone, to maximize efficiency and productivity for the day.
- Obtains the customer’s signature of the delivery receipt upon delivery of prescriptions or OTC packages.
- Responsible for collecting proper cost-sharing, if applicable, from customers upon delivery.
- Answers all delivery-related questions for customers, unless it is related to medication usage.
- Responsible for keeping the vehicle clean and neat.
- Operates vehicle in a safe and efficient manner and leaves an unattended vehicle in a secure location.
- Complies with all applicable traffic laws and regulations.
- Performs routine maintenance on delivery vehicles.
- Returns all undelivered packages to the pharmacy at the end of the business day.
- Responsible for not leaving any packages in the car unsecured.
- The vehicle must be locked at all times while the driver is making a physical package delivery.
- Ensures company tablets and cell phones are maintained in excellent condition and used for business purposes only.
- Immediately communicates any accidents or equipment malfunctions to Transportation Supervisor.
- Fills up the gas tank at the end of the shift before returning to the pharmacy.
- Establishes a comfortable environment for the customer by showing them that they are dealing with a well-trained professional.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of route driver experience, commercial vehicle preferred
- Valid driver’s license in the State of Florida.
- An excellent driving record required
- Customer relations experience helpful
- Previous experience in the pharmacy environment preferred
- Fluency in Spanish and English preferred
- Computer knowledge is required, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to use handheld devices, such as tablet and/or smartphone and other software applications
- Must be patient in dealing with an elderly population and sympathetic to hearing or vision deficiencies.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have excellent prioritization skills
- Must be able to work well under stressful conditions
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and is on the road most of the day.
- Interacts with customers, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies, etc., under a variety of conditions and circumstances.
- May be subject to hostile and/or emotionally upset customers, family members, staff, visitors, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses. All employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Engerix Hepatitis B vaccination series.
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed indoors. Sits stands, bends, lift, and moves intermittently during working hours.
The work schedule is approximate and hours/days may change based on company needs. All full-time employees are required to complete forty (40) hours per week as scheduled, including on weekends and holidays as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required to this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Customer satisfaction
- Duties accomplished at the end of the day/month
- Discretion with customer’s information
- Compliance with Company Regulations
- Safety and Security
- Vehicle Equipment, Supplies and Maintenance
- Accuracy Rate
This Job Description may be modified at any time at the discretion of the employer as a business operation may deem necessary. This does not constitute an employment agreement and may not include all duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR INTERNAL CLINICA LAS MERCEDES APPLICANTS
Inform your immediate supervisor that you are applying to the any of the positions posted and should be working for more than 3 months in the current position.
If you are interested, please click here to fill out this form.