Clínica Las Mercedes is a key component of Miami health care and Miami senior health care. Our center staff is a full team of doctors, nurses, and caregivers who all see patient care and well-being as their number one priority.
Founded in 1971, Clínica Las Mercedes is the leader and innovator in South Florida health care. Years of experience in the administration of hospitals, medical management facilities, and national health care programs came together to provide our community with a full range of medical facilities.
The Primary Care Physician (PCP) in our organization is expected to demonstrate:
• The PCP demonstrates accountability for outcomes, strong clinical care, and cost-effectiveness for each patient in their panel of up to 450 patients. They understand that they can strongly influence the patient’s outcomes by building a trusting relationship and helping them change behaviors.
• The PCP acts as a health coach, rather than just a consultant for sickness, by helping patients set short and long-term health goals, partners with the patient to work toward the goals, and frequently follows up on those goals on the path to improved health for their patients.
• The PCP simplifies and prioritizes appropriately so that behavior change is more actionable, both for the patient in helping them achieve their goals, and when leading their care teams towards their performance goals.
The PCP will be required to demonstrate the capacity to function independently and in collaboration with other external health care professionals and the Clinica Las Mercedes clinical and administrative staff. The PCP is expected to comply with guidelines along with participating in risk and quality management programs, clinical meetings and other meetings as required that promote patient health and company goals.
The PCP will adhere to strict departmental goals/objectives, standards of performance, regulatory compliance, quality patient care compliance, and policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The PCP provides regular and preventative care for their patients.
- The PCP is responsible for patient care and outcomes including proper communication with specialists and hospital attending providers, in addition to managing and monitoring their care team.
- The PCP is responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, education, and the health promotion of their patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Competencies for Success
- It is required that the PCP provides quality care that is attentive and compassionate in nature.
- It is expected for PCP’s to build trust with their patients, and make themselves available, in addition to being open for walk-in visits and answering phone calls and messages in a timely manner.
- Leadership skills are an integral part of quality healthcare. Thus, the PCP should promote cooperation and collaboration amongst their clinical team and exhibit humility and self-confidence in the process.
- The PCP is expected to stay up to date with advances in medicine, such as evidence-based medicine. Furthermore, the PCP must recognize the importance of and encourage a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- MD in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, Family Medicine or similar specialty required.
- Current and active MD licensure in the state of Florida is required
- A minimum of 1-year clinical experience in geriatric, adult, or family practice setting.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatrics or similar specialty is preferred.
- Must have a current DEA number for schedule II-V controlled substances
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR INTERNAL CLINICA LAS MERCEDES APPLICANTS
Inform your immediate supervisor that you are applying to any of the positions posted and should be working for more than 1 year in the current position.
If you are interested, please click here to fill out this form.