- Transport patients from Place of origin to doctor’s appointments in courteous and timely manner. Position requires a high commitment to service excellence.
- Contact patients by phone and arrange pick-up time.
- Prepare and make the route in an efficient way.
- Stays in contact with Transportation Dispatcher via phone due to changes in schedule.
- Assist patients enter and exit vehicle; operates lift gate to facilitate Transport of wheelchair patients.
- Maintain daily log of mileage, number of trips, passengers and destinations.
- Participate in educational trainings.
- Works flexible extended hours as work dictates.
- Check and maintains van daily and ensure that it is mechanically safe and clean.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer services. Must interact with patients in a respectful and amicable manner. Employees are expected to treat patients with compassion and protect their rights.
- Ability to transport members in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Good driving record and knowledge of county streets and addresses.
- Be able to pass the pre-employment substance abuse screening, background check, random drug test or any other test required by the D.O.T and LOGISTICARE.
- Able to lift, carry, bend and maneuver wheel chairs and assist patients into and out of vehicle.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Occasional stress related to work/load and patients with urgent needs.
- Job may require occasional lifting/carrying/pushing wheelchairs.
- Requires sitting, standing and driving for extended hours.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description change the at-will employment relationship existing between the institution and its employees.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR INTERNAL CLINICA LAS MERCEDES APPLICANTS
Inform your immediate supervisor that you are applying to the any of the positions posted and should be working for more than 3 months in the current position.
If you are interested, please click here to fill out this form.